INTERNATIONAL AMITY SHORT FILM FESTIVAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
In the fast consumption era we live in, we are at a time in which friendship, sincerity, gratitude, loyalty, and generosity are increasingly losing value. Fethi Gemuhluoğlu has widened horizon of the intellectuals around him with his broad and profound perspective that brought in the concept of friendship. We are organizing the International Amity Short Film Festival with the purpose of thinking about it and multiplying its effect in our lives.
B. FESTIVAL THEME
Any kind of short film form that is based on Fethi Gemuhluoğlu’s “Being a friend to mankind; to an idea; to a neighbor; to a geography; to history; to one’s own body; and to everything else, visible or not” philosophy, and directly or indirectly mentions the “the relationship of humanity and the universe that is build on friendship” can apply to our festival. Since he established a correct and solid relationship with our impeded cultural and aesthetic heritage, there is the need for different and unique perspectives in the age the individualization and loneliness that comprehends the friendship concept of Fethi Gemuhluoğlu. We are inviting all the short film applicants that are up for rebuilding friendship in the short film language.
C. FESTIVAL DATES
Film Acceptance Date: 21.07.2018
Application Deadline: 15.10.2018
D. PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
1. All the fictional, animation, and experimental short films that directly or indirectly points to the concept of “Friendship” and are made on and after 01.01.2016 can enter into the competition section. Documentary, feature-length, and short films made prior to 2016 will be reviewed in the section called Forty Years of Gratitude if they comply with the theme.
2. All the fictional, animation, and experimental films with English subtitles and not exceeding 20 minutes including the credits can participate in the competition.
3. Applicants may apply with more than one film. However, one applicant can get only one prize.
4. The application is free and open for filmmakers from all ages and nationalities.
5. Films that are previously participated and/or received awards in national or international film festivals are eligible for the festival.
6. Films that are broadcasted on any national or international network, put on the market in BluRay, DVD, and VCD formats, showed in digital platforms and VOD cannot apply for the competition; however, they can participate in the Forty Years of Gratitude section.
7. Filmmakers can submit their film by filling out the application form online at www.dostlukfilmfestivali.com / www.amityfilmfestival.com Completely filling out the form, signing, and submitting online means owner of the work accepted the competition conditions. Applications that apply with wrong or incomplete information or documentation will not be accepted. During the filling of the form, we will ask the participants to share a encoded/unencoded link of the film on platforms like vimeo/youtube/dailymotion etc. Those links cannot be open to the public.
8. The Festival Committee has the right to use a one-minute long section of the selected films for promotional purposes.
9. After the announcement of the films selected for competition and non-competition sections, the filmmakers cannot withdraw their films from the festival.
10. The film crews of all the eligible films will be invited to the award ceremony. It is mandatory at least for one person (director, actors, cinematographer etc.) to participate in the award ceremony. The award is primarily presented to the director; however, if the director is not available, it is presented to a person from the film crew who is acting as the representative of the director.
11. The producers of the films that is short-listed must have solved all kind of copyright problems regarding music, script, directing etc. If the film has multiple legal holders, it must be listed in the application. The Festival Committee may request the necessary permissions, copyrights, and certificate of consent documents.
12. The Festival Committee does not disclose the list of the applicant films in favor of legal holders and does not give information about the applicant films. The festival only shares the list of films with public that are in the screening category.
13. Filmmakers that are eligible to participate in the festival will be obliged to deliver the following materials and documents within 7 days after their names are pronounced to the address that the Festival Committee would announce.
● An English subtitled copy of the film in HD format (preferably mov, 444/442 Apple ProRes) as a digital file (via disc or Internet file transfer) or as BluRay DVD (2 copy)
● English time coded dialogue list for non-Turkish movies
● 3 high resolution film still as JPG
● A high resolution photo of the director
● Synopsis in Turkish and English (max. 100 words)
● A short biography of the director in Turkish an English (max. 100 words)
14. The Festival Committee reserves the right to exclude films that do not have necessary technical specifics for the screening.
15. It is suggested that the film owners should participate in the test screenings.
16. All films shown during the festival will be archived as part of the International Amity Short Film Festival. If it is deemed necessary, it can be shown on various platforms to contribute and support short film production without a commercial purpose.
17. Members of the pre-selection jury, main jury, the festival committee, and their first-degree relatives cannot apply to the competition.
18. The Festival Committee reserves the right to amend the regulation when it is necessary. The decision-making authority regarding the matters that are not stated in the regulation is the festival committee.
E. JURY AND EVALUATION
1. The Festival Committee chooses the members of the pre-selection and the main jury among the national-international film critics, academicians, cinema industry, and well-established members of the culture and art scene.
2. Pre-selection jury watches the submitted films until the first week of November 2018, meet within the same month, and delivers the list of the films that are qualified to compete and to be screened to the Festival Committee.
3. The films that evaluated by the pre-selection committee and qualified to participate in the festival will be announced on the festival’s official web site www.dostlukfilmfestivali.com in November. No announcement will be made regarding the films that are not qualified for competition or screening.
4. It is mandatory to give all the specified awards.
Films that will rank in the competition will be awarded as follows:
First Place Prize 40,000 TL and Festival Trophy
Second Place Prize 20.000 TL and Festival Trophy
Third Place Prize 12.000 TL and Festival Trophy
Fethi Gemuhluoğlu Friendship Prize: 15.000 TL
If the jury considers it necessary, it may give the 5.000 TL honorable mention award up to 3 films.